Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The State I'm In


Again, updates have been spotty here at Ye Ol' Blund'rb's.  Apologies, and I hope to get myself back on track.  I've had a lot of shit going on, and I just wanted to let my loyal readers in on where my head's at right now.

Michigan, much like the rest of the country, is getting scarier by the day.  Governor Rick Snyder is getting some crazy laws passed, and the future wife and I are looking at escape routes.  Current best option?  Pittsburgh, PA.  Yeah, the Gov's a Republican there as well, but Pennsylvania seems to be weathering the financial crisis much better than some other states.  I like the centralized location between my parents/homies and the East Coast.  Pittsburgh itself is a beautiful city, with lots of interesting stuff to do.  And, as someone who's slightly against Big City life, it's nice that it's surrounded by so much nature.  The move ain't gonna happen till late 2012, so we'll have plenty of time to mill it over.

Sticking true to my resolution, I've continued to avoid mediocre films this year.  I was slightly tempted by Red Riding Hood, given that it stars Oldman and Seyfreid, and the photography looks nice, but the universally horrible reviews are diverting me away.  Theater wise, I've been going to see Chaplin flicks.  The Michigan Theater has been showing a film of his every week, so I made it a point to check out The Circus, and dragged the lady along (She came quite willingly) to City Lights and The Great Dictator.  Looking forward to Modern Times next week!

I (very briefly) attempted to make this a movie news site, but I've frankly been quite bored with the recent crop of films coming out, for the most part.  As such, I'll be getting back to reviews of older films (and a few good new ones), and also turning this into a more relaxed, biographical type of blog.  Which, given my nature, will primarily focus on movies.  I've come to realize that the best movie discussions I've ever had HAVE been extremely casual, and amongst friends, so hopefully this format will lend itself to even better insights.

This weekend, I'll be checking out a sneak preview of Your Highness, featuring a "Meet and Greet" with Danny McBride and David Gordon Green.

Till then. . .

1 comment:

  1. oooohhhhh!!!! where is the sneak? any chance i can get in on that?

    ReplyDelete