Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Wedding List


In writing my review of Bend It Like Beckham, I briefly touched upon the fact that I have a deadline hanging over my head.  Before my wedding day, on 9/10/11, I have to watch the following nine films:

1.  Bend It Like Beckham
2.  Harlan County, USA
3.  White Oleander
4.  Lost and Delirious
5.  Don't Eat The Pictures
6.  Escape to Witch Mountain
7.  Madchen in Uniform (1931)
8.  Turtles Can Fly
9.  Taste Of Cherry

I've seen almost half of those already, and reviews are forthcoming.  Anna, in turn, is being forced to watch the following nine films that I have chosen for her:

1.  Total Recall
2.  The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
3.  Ghost Dog:  The Way Of The Samurai
4.  Starship Troopers
5.  Halloween (1978)
6.  Akira
7.  The Gold Rush
8.  The Road Warrior
9.  Seven Samurai

She's also seen a couple of these, and will be writing reviews of those as well.

The criteria/explanation for these is that they're films that partially represent our respective personalities, and are films that our loved one wouldn't necessarily be inclined to watch of their own volition.  These aren't "deal breakers"; she doesn't have to like any of these films (I only have two of those: Robocop and Dawn Of The Dead.  She already passed that test!).  We just want to make sure that we both have a good sense of our partner's personality before we dance down the aisle (Oh, there will be dancing.  Disco dancing.).

There are several more challenges, ones which have nothing to do with films, and I won't bore you with them.  But I'll make sure to keep you up to date on this particular one as we go, and I'll be prodding the missus to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment