Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blunderbuss 2.0 coming soon! (and how you can help)


Alright kids;  I've successfully dipped my toes into the water with this, so it's time to take the next step.  I'm going in up to my knees.

Starting this week, I'm going to attempt to infuse the site with some selected news editorials.  Not every single rumor that's out there;  I don't care who's playing a waiter in a single scene of The Avengers, or when the latest Joan Plowright film is coming out.  My criteria for posting a news story will be, "Is this interesting to me, and do I have anything to say about it?".  It'll be nerd-centric, mostly about movies, and a good conversation piece.

Secondly, I'm going to be doing a weekly preview of new films opening in theaters, and another preview of films being released on video.  It'll keep you guys in the know, so I can help steer you in the direction of good films that got little to no press, or steer you away from what's getting bad "buzz".

Thirdly, I'm going to be doing a bit more of the "Life and other questions" type stuff.  The future wife and I are collaborating on some Dinner And A Movie themed recipes to go with certain films, and we'll both be writing more about novels, comics, video games, and other random topics.

And last;  I'd like your input!  I'm hoping to build this into a "go-to" place, mostly for friends of mine, to get the latest movie news and reviews.  So let me know what's been working for you so far, what else you'd like to see, and what you'd change.

Thanks for reading so far, and I hope to see more of you guys in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment