Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010! - A Look Back At The Year That Was

It was a good year (drunk as hell, but no throwing up).  Time to reminisce on some of my favorite moments.

WALT DISNEY WORLD! (and my Southern Adventure)



From Frog Central in Michigan, Calamity Anna (my ladyfriend) and I travelled down I-75 to the self-proclaimed "Happiest Place on Earth" (Mostly because we had misheard it as being the "hoppiest" place).  After we recovered from our initial confusion over the distinct lack of frogs, we had a blast.  We kept expecting huge lines, but we went at just the right time of year, and were able to do repeat rides of masterpieces like The Haunted Mansion and Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror.  On the road trip, we also got to see such roadside attractions as The Whistle Stop Cafe (of Fried Green Tomatoes fame) and The Lost Sea Adventure (America's largest underground lake).

LEELANAU



I got to tag along on Calamity Anna's annual trek up to her family's place in Northern Michigan, right on Lake Michigan, next to one of Al Capone's old houses.  I got to laze about.  Soaked in the scenery.  Hiked on trails.  Ate gourmet cheese paired with delicious Michigan wine (believe it).  Traded stories about the modern world with friends, around a campfire on the beach, as the heavens opened up above us.

EREBUS, AND CEDAR POINT HALLOWEEKENDS



Did my annual trip to Erebus Haunted House (until last year, the largest haunted house in the world) in Pontiac, MI with Calamity, which was even scarier and more intense than ever before.



The next day, we drove to Cedar Point for their Halloween festivities.  It was our first time at the park in over a decade, and the first time visiting during Halloween.  An amazing mix of ghoulish frights and intense thrill-rides.  Top Thrill Dragster is, in a word, insane.



HARDCORE GAMING



My buddy Godforce Achin's possession of three TV's, three X-Boxes, and three copies of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 led to some of the most insane, brutal, and brilliant co-op action of all time.  Other notable distractions to be had were Red Dead Redemption, Medal Of Honor, and Halo:Reach.

CHICAGO



My first lengthy trip to the Windy City.  Great public transportation, amazing food, and a permeable sense of history.

A GREAT MOVIE YEAR




Fuck the haters;  there were some great films out this year.  When a movie as amazing as Inception only ranks at number ten on my top ten, I know I've had some good times at the cinema.

ENGAGEMENT!!!!



A couple years ago, I found the perfect person for me.  My soul mate, to be with until the day I die (after which, I'll haunt the shit out of her).  While neither of us hold the institution of marriage in high esteem, it seemed fitting and appropriate to declare our undying love for each other in the form of a public ceremony/weenie-roast.  So, this time next year, it'll be Mr and Mrs Frog.


HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!  I hope you had as fulfilling of a 2010 as I have, and I'm hoping for an even better 2011 for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Great year dude -keep up the blogging in 2011

    ReplyDelete